Greetings from behind the lens! My name is Maca Ferguson and I am Houston newborn photographer… but I’m also a mom and wife, a CrossFit athlete & coach, a music lover, and a pluviophile.
I am so glad you’re visiting my site and staying awhile to get to know Studio Ainsley. Wait… what’s that? Oh, that picture up there? Yeah, that’s me on a REALLY good day with a REALLY good makeup artist… and, of course, an amazing photographer, who makes all the difference! (Even I’m a fan of the perfect profile pic!) Expect me to show up looking less polished with my yoga pants firmly in place and a can of pink lemonade Monster.
I am completely self-taught and have spent more than a decade finding my voice as an artist. I have no famous folks to brag about shooting with or an illustrious career traveling the globe in search of the one perfect photo. (Although, I’ve been to San Francisco, Atlanta, Denver, and beyond.) My passion is finding the beautiful in the Everyday and creating images that will bring back memories of special moments and feelings. I started my working life as a 9-1-1 dispatcher, dabbled in sign language interpreting, and finally settled on photography. I love movies and books and history. I have a bawdy sense of humor. I am a to-the-letter Saggitarius who will never overcome my wanderlust. I live, simply, to live!
In time, I hope to get to know you and your family, but in the meantime, here’s some fun facts about little ol’ me:
• I am a native Washingtonian, born in Bellingham
• My ethnic background includes Native American, Irish, Norwegian, and Guamanian.
• Visiting Scotland in 2016 earned a check mark on my bucket list
• I have a phobia of butterflies
• I squeeze from the middle of the tube (Savage.)
• Color: orange
• Movie: ‘The Wizard of Oz’
• Cookie: Sugar
• Drink: Champagne
• Book: ‘Lone Survivor’ by Marcus Luttrell
• I broke my tailbone trying to snowboard in 2013
• I’m a whiz at crochet, but have never mastered knitting
• I showed up a day early to a client’s house once (Awk. ward.)
• I’m not the kind of person you should put on speaker phone. #nofilter
• On a vacation to Florida in 2003, I weathered 3 hurricanes during the trip
Photographing newborns is an overwhelming joy for me. I can never get enough of the little toes and tiny eyelashes. It is my privilege to work with families across the Houston area, and the country, and I hope sincerely that I get to work with you! If you’re interested in booking Studio Ainsley for your newborn session, have a hundred questions, or just want to say hello, drop me a line. I’d love to chat with you!